Sunday 28 April 2013


 
 
The Waldorf Hilton, London

13th April 2013

As their website says, this is one of the capital’s most iconic hotels. The Waldorf Hilton London hotel has a backdrop of genuine historic splendour. However, in all the four years I’ve lived in London, I have never wanted to eat there. There is no particular reason, but I suppose if you don’t hear about a place, why would you want to eat there.

The reason for our visit after all this time, is good old Groupon. We had some of our friends visit from Southampton and they were treating us having bought a 3 course meal for two plus a champagne cocktail for £69.


We started with drinks in the new chic 1920's 
themed bar and lounge Good Godfreys, then
to dinner in the stylish Homage Grand Salon Restaurant.










We started with our champagne cocktails and Mr A ordered a bottle of Malbec, South African this time as opposed to our usual Argentinian.








For starter I had smoked salmon, lambs leaf salad with
cucumber, tomatoes, shallots and mint yogurt dressing.

 
For main I had venison sausages, steamed broccoli, watercress and blue cheese mash and a rich red onion jus.








Dessert I took home for Miss A, as I shared Mr A’s cheeseboard.

I must admit, it was a lovely dinner. However, thank heavens it was Groupon, because if our friends had had to pay the full amount for what was OK, I would have been annoyed. The meal wasn’t special and I wonder if that is why you don’t hear about it. We could have had that meal in our local bistro bar.

 

We had a fantastic night and I am pleased we tried The Waldorf Hilton Hotel for dinner. But, unless it’s on offer, I would give it a miss!


Food


Company


No comments:

Post a Comment