Thursday 16 February 2012



Chez Jules and Mike


14th February 2012

 Valentine’s Day

I like to celebrate Valentine’s Day but that doesn’t mean going out and paying for dinner that would cost considerable less the next day!

So, I asked Mr A. what he would like me to cook for him as he was at work and I wasn’t. I have to admit, I would never have guessed kidney, ooh! Anyway, I asked, that’s what he wanted and so that’s what he got.

I grilled some thin pork sausages, as they were cooking I fried mushrooms, added the kidney and made rich gravy using beef cubes. I added the sausages to the pan and simmered for 20 minutes. I then served with triangles of toast. As you can see, it looked great. I am not a kidney lover but it did taste good. Mr A. had this with a red gin and tonic (yes, I added red food colouring) and a lovely bottle of Malbec.






In honour of Valentine’s Day I treated us to some cupcakes from Hummingbird Bakery. Well when I say us, I mean me, as Mr A. isn't bothered about them. Ah well, more for me!!! At a cost of £26.50 for dinner for two, I think that's not bad. Mr A said it would have been even better at £16.50 if I hadn't bought the cupcakes! But look a them, they were essential don't you think?

A lovely evening, now who wouldn’t want that?









For the food and the company


No comments:

Post a Comment