Wednesday 15 February 2012

The Hummingbird Bakery, Old Brompton Road, London.












5th May 2011



I love cupcakes! I can’t help myself and what better place to buy them than Hummingbird Bakery? I haven’t been for a while. The last time I went it was more a ‘fact finding mission’. Well, you have to try a few to get the one(s) you like!
I had a particularly brilliant day at work and decided to treat myself, again, to a cupcake on the way home.


 

From visiting the bakery several times (I am not saying how many!) I know that the customers’ all-time favourite is the Red Velvet Cupcake, but for me it leaves a strange after taste. However, the Mango Cupcake is another story, it is sensational! To those of you that don’t get cupcakes that will sound OTT, but for me the word describes it perfectly. The Mango sponge filled with a fresh mango puree, frosted with a mango scented frosting, is heaven!

 




Mr A. doesn’t get the cupcake phenomenon, but then I don't get his love of oysters!


No comments:

Post a Comment